1. What do I get for my entry fee?
In addition to a great race, all the distances will offer unique schwag and awards for the finishers. Check out the individual race pages for full details
2. How can I sign up for the event?
You can register online at http://www.active.com/5k-race/san-diego-ca/lake-hodges-trail-fest-2012. We do not accept mailed in applications.
3. Is there an age limit for the event?
- Kid’s 1 mile – 10 & under
- 5K – 11 and above
- 15K – 15 & Above
- 50K – 18 & Above
5. Do you have to run the entire race or can you walk?
Run, walk, hop, skip or jump; as long as you cross that finish line under your own power within the 4 hour time limit, we welcome all modes of forward progress!
6. Where can I find a course map?
Please see the individual race pages for the corresponding course maps:
7. Will I receive a refund if I cannot attend?
There are absolutely no refunds, no exceptions.
8. Can I have a pacer for the 50K event?
Pacers are not allowed on the course for the 50K distance. If you are caught with a pacer it will result in automatic disqualification from the event. You are more than welcome to run the entire race with someone else that is a registered participant, however outside pacing assistance will not be allowed.
9. Will I be allowed crew members or drop bags at aid stations?
Crew members will be allowed at limited aid stations. Please see the Lake Hodges 50K page for more details. Drop bags will not be allowed.
10. Are baby joggers or strollers allowed during the race?
Due to the terrain and runner safety we can not allow strollers during the event.
11. Are pets allowed during the race?
To ensure the safety of all runners, pets are not allowed on the race course or at the Aid Stations. Leashed, well behaved pets are allowed at the start/finish area.
12. Are headphones (iPods, mp3 players, etc) allowed during the race?
The use of headphones is discouraged but allowed. If you do run with headphones, it is requested that you keep one ear free to be able to hear safety vehicles, fellow participants and course officials.
13. Can I transfer my registration to another runner or defer to next year?
No. There is a strict a no transfer and no defer policy.
While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike. From race results to finishers’ awards being impacted as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment, it is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
Packet Pick Up:
14. How will I receive my race packet?
There will be pre-race packet pickup options. Full details are posted on the Event Info page. You MUST show your photo ID to pick up your packet.
15. Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
You may have a family member or friend pick up your packet as long as you have already signed the waiver during registration. They must have a copy of your photo ID.
16. Can I register on race day?
There will be no race day registration.
General Race Information:
17. Will there be water stops?
Yes, there will be water stops along the course. Please see the individual race pages for exact locations of the water stops.
18. Will there be a sports drink or energy gels on the course?
Performance drink and energy replacement options will be available on the course for the 15K and the 50K distances. Please see the individual race pages for exact locations and what will be featured at the aid stations.
19. What are the event start times?
- 50K – 7AM
- 15K – 8:30AM
- 5K – 9:30AM
- Kid’s 1 Mile – 11AM
20. Is there a bag check available?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer a bag check for this event. Please arrive early enough to drop your gear in your car and return to the start line before the gun goes off.
21. Is there a time limit?
The 50K has an 8.5 hr cutoff.
22. Will there be photographers on the course?
Yes. Shez Photography will be on the course taking pictures that you can purchase online.
23. Will there be an awards ceremony?
Yes, there will be awards ceremony held on site. Prizes will be awarded to the top-3 overall finishers, as well as the winners of the age groups. Please see the individual race pages for the age groups.
Yes, the race will be electronically timed and results will be available at the post-race party. Official times will be posted at http://lakehodgestrailfest.com/event-info/results/ within 3 days of the event.